Spoil Engine. Or how to drop a bomb with style. This 5-piece metalband from Belgium/Holland started out in 2004, combining 90’s metal influences such as Pantera, Machine head and Slipknot with postmodern heaviness and soundscapes. Over the years, they evolved to a broader, catchier and even more dynamic sound in the veins of Killswitch Engage, In Flames and BMTH.
The band has recorded 4 full albums: ‘Skinnerbox v.07 (2007)’, ‘Antimatter (2009)’, ‘The Art of Imperfection (2012)’ and ‘Stormsleeper (2017)’.
Spoil Engine became the first Belgian band in 20 years to sign with Roadrunner International & Nuclear Blast, which led to appearances on national radio (‘De Afrekening’), national television and larger venues/festivals such as Graspop (4x), Pukkelpop (2x), AB, Vorst Nationaal and Clubcircuit.
They also directly supported bands such as Motörhead, Megadeth, In Flames, Sepultura, Volbeat, Prong, Killswitch Engage and Arch Enemy only to name a few.
In 2015, the band adapted their line-up and switched to female vocalist Iris Goessens from Maastricht (NL). After releasing a first EP, they were signed by Arising Empire & Nuclear Blast.
The latest album ‘Stormsleeper’ is the launch of a re-invented band, pushing the limits in sonic bandwidth and energy, ready to conquer new goals.
Expect a live explosion of tight metal madness, low end vibes, breast shaking solos and a headbanging smile above all!
- Albums out on Roadrunner Records, Universal and Nuclear Blast
- All albums ranked Top30 national sales
- National airplay (de Afrekening – Studio Brussels)
- 1 Million video plays
- Supports for Motörhead, Megadeth, Papa Roach, Arch Enemy, In Flames, Sepultura, Prong, …
- Graspop (4x), Pukkelpop (2x), Suikerrock (2x), Alcatraz, Wacken Open Air, SummerBreeze, MIDI China, Zwarte Cross, Eurosonic, ….
- EU tours (2017, 2018)
- Asia tour (2018)